Court upholds police officer's suspension for 'barmaid' comment
简介The Chuncheon District Court on Tuesday ruled that Gangwon Police were justified in a recent decisio ...
The Chuncheon District Court on Tuesday ruled that Gangwon Police were justified in a recent decision to suspend an official for comparing his female subordinate to a barmaid.
The plaintiff, who had been serving as the unit leader at a police office in Gangwon Province, had told the subordinate that "local bars would have far more customers if someone like you worked there" in 2021. He also alluded to sexually suggestive lyrics from a song and boasted to her about seeing an exposed female body during a body search, on a separate occasion.
The Gangwon Provincial Police Agency slapped a one-month suspension of duty on the police officer, who filed charges against the agency. He claimed his comments were merely in answer to the female official's questions, and were not sexual.
In the verdict, however, the court said that his comments could be seen as sexual harassment and the agency's punishment had been lawful.
Government data showed that over 1 in 5 civil servants punished for sexual violence in the past five years were police officials.
From 2018 to 2022, 261 officials of the National Police Agency were punished for sex-related violence. This accounted for 22.6 percent of those found guilty of such an offense across all branches of the government, according to numbers from the Ministry of Personnel Management revealed in September by Rep. Kim Yong-pan of the ruling People Power Party.
비명(비이재명)계 5선인 더불어민주당 이상민 의원(대전유성을)이 3일 탈당을 선언했다. 이 의원이 지난 11월 23일 오전 서울 여의도 국회에서 열린 외교통일위원회 전체회의를 나 ...
First released in August 2022, K-pop girl group NewJeans' "Hype Boy" is gaining popularity once ...
BUREIJ REFUGEE CAMP, Gaza Strip (AP) — The gray film covering the faces of children rushed to Al-Aqs ...
US deploys fighter jets in S. Korea for air exercise in Singapore
Gimjang tours make kimchi
[New in Korean] Millionaire dog sponsors human artist in Yun Ko
Yoon says fake news threatens freedom, elections at AI Safety Summit
Kolmar BNH to ramp up production with new plant
[New in Korean] 'The path to happiness is forgiveness,' says Korea's first million
- German ambassador advocates 'de
- 김웅 “한동훈, 돌 좀 맞고 욕먹더라도 강남 3구서 출마해야”
- 이원욱 “이재명, 최강욱 징계 반발하는 개딸과 이별해야”
- LG Energy Solution names new CEO to propel growth
- After 13 years, Naver's 'OnStage' music show bids farewell
- [Korean History] In 2008, Korea's National Treasure No. 1 went down in flames
- Christmas comes early with aespa's 'Jingle Bell Rock'
- 이상민 “민주당 지도부 아무도 연락 없어, 어느 정도 마음 정했다”
- Dunamu CEO set for third term
- Ready meals gain attention at 2023 Coex Food Week
- Daegu’s iconic opera festival set to attract operagoers with five tragic operas
- Performing Arts Market to link local artists to world
- Taemin of SHINee to drop new EP 'Guilty' on Oct. 30
- Art Token launches Hangeul
- HIT forum on space to be held in Seoul
- Jungkook becomes first Korean soloist to log 2 songs in Top 5 of Billboard's Hot 100
- 예술의전당 간 한동훈 화제 되자…野 "집에 스피커 두고 왜 가나"
- [Photo News] AI, conventional painting come together
- [Our Museums] Explore cinematic treasures at Korean Film Museum
- [Test Drive] BMW 5 Series makes more powerful, elegant comeback
- For esports fans, more activities await beyond LoL matches
- 'Frasier' returns to TV but you don't need to be a superfan of the original to laugh at its jokes
- Seoul shares open higher on US gains; Israel
- Kakao Bank to acquire 10% stake in Indonesian digital bank
- IMF maintains 2023 growth outlook for S. Korea at 1.4 pct
- Samsung, LG, Hyundai closely monitoring potential biz fallout from Israel
- Hyundai Motor chairman marks 3rd year of record earnings
- 김건희 여사, 광주디자인비엔날레 찾아 “문화예술계 육성 의지”
- [Weekender] Waiting on the North: Unified Korean dictionary project's long journey
- Big firms' debt